From:
Candi Gerritson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 09:01:23 EST
Yesterday I stopped home for lunch.  I grabbed the mail and went through
it as I was eating.  I started to open a card from a couple that I have
adopted to in he past.  I read the front of the beautiful teacup cottage
by Thomas Kinkade.  Then I opened it and a check fell out.  As I was
looking at the check my tears welled up in my eyes, kind of like they are
now.  I have never received a donation before.  A while ago I had asked
for donations on the FML.  I was starting to get worried because I heard
nothing from no one.  As I read the FML daily I understood why.  It seems
as though every shelter out there is experiencing what I am.  So the day
that I opened my first donation will be a day that I will remember for
the rest of my life.

I would like to thank a very special couple, Kim & Wendel because of you
the ferrets will get what they need.  I thank you so very much.  It is so
heartwarming.

To every person out there who has ever donated to a shelter, I thank you.
A huge sense of relief is taken off a shelter with every dime.  Thank you.
If anyone else is in the giving mood I have an account set up with my vet
for vet expenses.  You can send them directly there.  I have one female
waiting for adrenal surgery.

Thank you, Merry Christmas and God Bless,
Dooks & Crooks Ferret Shelter
Candi Gerritson
2812 Arbor Street
Ames, Iowa 50014
515-292-1260
Emergency 24 hr. hotline: 515-231-1436
DONATIONS TO:
Ames Pet Hospital
132 Dotson Dr.
Ames, IA 50014
515-292-8885
Write on the check: donation for Dooks & Crooks Ferret Shelter