From:
Sheena Staples <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 1995 09:26:25 -0700
Stan and Bill,

    When Bill phoned and told me about Hobbes I was horrified.  I really
liked that little devil, as Bill well knows, and I was very sorry to hear
about what happened.  My sympathies to the family.  I hope we get to see you
at the meeting this weekend.

    As for ferret cuddling, Mazzy decided to give me her first snuggle today
and curled up in my lap and didn't bite me even once!  Of course, the moment
I put her down she dooked herself away into a corner and then attacked me
for the rest of the evening, but it's coming along slowly :)

    BooBoo has something on his face that I'm more than a little concerned
about.  About two weeks ago he had what looked like a blister of blood on
his cheek.  I thought it was a tick (which would be odd, we have very few
around here and old BooBoo doesn't go outside anymore anyway) so I got the
sterilized tweezers to see if I couldn't ease that baby out.  It wasn't a
tick, just a blistery type of thing that burst, then started filling up
again about 20 minutes later.  The over the next few days it scabbed over,
healed and appeared to be fine.

    Now it's back.  It's just little (think head of a pin) but it's getting
bigger.  So what is it?  Ingrown whisker?  A cyst of some kind?  We are off
to the vet tommorrow but I kind wouldn't mind some feedback from anyone who
might know what it could be.  It doesn't appear to bother him and I cleaned
it regularly the first time around (he thought he was getting an extra
special cheek rub).  Any suggestions??

PS My ferrets never dig in plants, which are all temptingly in reach.  Maybe
it's cuz when I used to catch 'em at it I screamed obcenities at them and
embarrassed them in front of their furry friends?  I dunno, but they just
never do it.

Sheena
Ferrets & Friends Club & Rescue E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]
"dedicated to the preservation of the domestic ferret as a
 household pet", a no-kill, not-for-profit ferret facility.
For more information about the FFCR try our homepage:
< http://www.geopages.com/Colosseum/1575 >