Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 12:24:51 -0700
Hi There-

The company I work for is desperate for me to move to Santa Monica,
California.  My problem is I know ferrets are illegal in California, but
I was hoping to find out from those who live in the state to what extent
those laws are enforced.  I am owned by five beautiful ferrets and I am
NOT willing to give them up.

That is why I need your help.  I have been searching the web looking for
information on ferrets in CA, but I have not found all of the info I am
looking for.  It is my understanding that according to California law,
the Game Warden has the authority to obtain a search warrant and search
soemone's residence for ferrets.  My question is, if they do find ferret(s)
in the residence, what happens then, does the game warden have the
authority under the law to put the ferrets to sleep insetad of removing
them from the state?

For anyone who is owned by ferrets in California or anyone who has had
experience with this subject, please email me at the address above with
your thoughts and suggestions.  I would appreciate any help and information
I can get.  I just want to be fully aware of the facts before I make a
decision to move.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Barbara