From:
Dook-Woof-Dook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 May 2005 08:53:55 -0400
Never Fear, Ferret Depot still carries Yoggies on their web site along
with all the other questionable products.  My question is to all your
people out there who don't like the Ferret Store anymore is, why are
these products still on their online store??  If they are taking the
stand to REMOVE these products from their line up, Then Remove Them!

They stated they are removing them on the front of their treat section:
http://www.ferretdepot.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY
&Category_Code=2Treats

why are people able to continue to purchase these items:
8 in 1 Treats
http://www.ferretdepot.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY
&Category_Code=38N1Treat

FM Browns Treats
http://www.ferretdepot.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY
&Category_Code=3BrownTreat

To delete something off of a web page only takes at the most a day's work
(how about 1/2 hour).  So the Ferret Depot has known about this since the
Symposium and this is ALL the progress they have made?  Are they waiting
until they deplete the inventory first before they remove?  If so, they
are still selling the Bad products to uneducated consumers.  I call that
business.  They are still making money off of these BAD products also.
What is the difference between that and what the Ferret Stores Stand on
things is.  The Ferret Store just stated it differently.  They could have
sugar coated it, said yes we will remove, but then continued to sell it.

I am not against the Ferret Depot and this is not intended to slam them.
They are also a good company who wants to make changes to help the ferret
community.  I would much rather them also take the education approach and
still offer the products to those of us who can read, do research and can
feed things in moderation.

Also, the comparing of underage drinking and feeding ferrets treats is
alittle far fetched isn't it.  I would hope that most of us have become
adults and know the difference between right and wrong.  I maybe wrong
there.  But teenagers think drinking is cool.  As adults, most of us
realize that while drinking is fun, we still must do it responsibly.
This came with age and guess what.......EDUCATION!  If you have the
materials out there, there will always be a handful of people who don't
take advantage of it.  How many people get DUI's But there are also alot
of people who think twice about the choices in their lives.  This goes
all the way down to the Yoggies issue.  My ferrets should not be deprived
of their 1 yoggie/week and 2 on Holidays, just because another ferret's
owner abuses the Yoggie laws.

Marguerite