From:
Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 23:48:10 -0500
To Judy Cooke -
and ALL the folks who participated in the Valentines Day card swap-
the ferrets ( and folsk) at Ferret Wise say THANK YOU!  The wonderful
donations totalling $150.00 are being put to very good use as Mr Phebes a
deaf 3 year old is in surgery today for removal a very LUMPY spleen --
Chrissy Gal will now have a follow up set of x-rays to help determine what
her rate of recovery from a spinal injury is.

Sadly we lost one little one following surgery last week and were
devastated - with vet funds running on low it is hard to make one in
trouble wait for vet care.  You all have breathed a big breath of fresh
air into the newest faces at Ferret Wise and allowed us to help put them
back on the road to better health!  Thank YOU!

It certaily has been a challenge to implement necessary ADV testing on
intake and keep the level of vet care at optimum.  This current group are
intakes from a police seizure 3 weeks ago - 4 reside permanently at the
hospice house 1 on lupron, 1 had 3 horrific hairballs removed from his
gut, another is recovering from biopsy ( liver condition)..  they are all
sweet..  Here in the main shelter , we have 4 new faces that we hope will
have a wonderful new life -- AND it is the $1 and $2 gifts that really
make a difference-- so for all the little paws- old and new at Ferret
Wise- THANKS ever ever so much!

We will keep working to make a difference - one ferret at a time.

Alicia & Jerimiah
for the many faces at Ferret Wise
www.ferretwise.org