From:
"Jason Bolduc - Cyberstore Systems Inc." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Feb 1995 10:55:19 -0800
I am absolutely amazed at the wonderful wealth of information that
is available about ferrets on the Net! Being a possible owner I've just
spent the last 2 hours reading through the FAQ and other information.
I have a couple specific questions that have come up after reading all of
this...

First off, I am looking to owen 1 or 2 ferrets in the near future but
have a few worries that are naggine me.. such as:

I'm allergic to cats and dogs, though not acutely. I worked in a pet
store for about a year and the ferrets there never gave me a problem... Am I
crazy to think that I may not be *as* allergic to ferrets as I am to cats/dogs?

I'm young, 20, I live with 1 other person. Realistically, I will probably be
taking the occasional 1 or 2 week vacation or camping trip.. if I have 2
ferrets, will they need alot of attention from friends who pet sit while I am
gone?

How much money should I be budgeting for these critters? including med/
food/goodies etc etc..? a month.

I read in the Ferret FAQ that I should expect 90%+ success rate regarding
liter training.. to me this says I may be cleaning up dodo 2 or 3 times
a month? :(

Anyways, thanks in advance for helping me with these worries. I have
wanted ferrets for over 5 years and now seem to have enough money, time to
actually do it.

        Jason Bolduc
        Vancouver, B.C. Canada