From:
Gina Fritz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 18:10:30 -0800
Yesterday I was in the local petstore.  As usual I went to check to make
sure all the animals were being cared for.  I came across three ferrets in
a cage that appeared to be in good condition except there was no food in
the bowl.  So I notified one of the store employees, "hey just wanted to
give you a heads up the ferrets are out of food." The response I received
was "they are only feed twice a day and they already ate earlier that
morning" and "if you feed them more than twice they will get fat and we
have been in business for 20 years and have had good luck with our
animals."

Now I seem to remember reading somewhere on the FML that ferrets are to
have open feeding because there stomachs are so small that periodic feeding
is not enough.  My question is, is this true that it is okay to only feed
them twice a day?  As a petstore pet they may have a tendancy to put on
some weight because they don't get exercise but the rest of it sounds
bogus.

If I am wrong so be it and correct me.  But if he is wrong I think it would
be nice that he heard some valuable information for the experts in the
ferret world.

Thanks

Gina