From:
Dee gage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 2008 09:30:12 -0800
[Accidentally omitted from yesterday's FML. BIG]

Diamond went in for surgery Monday morning and Dr. Mike called at
12:30pm stating Diamond came out of surgery o.k. He amputated her
right arm had to take more dead tissue than he anticipated.

Rose & I went to visit her before I went to work. My heart sunk when I
saw her with her right side is all shaved with an ugly incision and her
little arm gone. She's sedated loaded with antibiotics. He took her
home with him Monday nite. He also showed us the pictures he took
during the surgery ...... not pretty.

The other arm is still "crunchy" at the elbow, he said, but he didn't
see any problem with it not healing. I generally like the term
"crunchy" (e.g. peanut butter, potato chips, Wheat Thins) but this
way, not so much.

Al stopped by Dr. Mike's this morning (Tuesday) and was told Diamond
should be able to come home Thursday. She will convalesce with Al &
Gale.

I've never done this before, but, with the help of some absolutely
wonderful ferret friends who have offered to help Diamond, the West
Michigan Ferret Connection is going to conduct a Raffle for Diamond.
Jack Smith, who maintains my website will be putting the information up
Thursday and I'll announce when it's ready, complete with pics of her
before, during and after surgery, too. If anyone would like to donate
items for this raffle, on behalf of Diamond, I'd be most grateful.

All of us here are just heartbroken about this little girl .... she's
beautiful .... only 10 months old .... she's having to endure so much
pain because of human negligence.

Dee
West Michigan Ferret Connection