From:
Melinda Nelson-Hurst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Aug 1998 21:17:44 -0400
Here is the letter I am sending to the Provo City, UT Prosecutor's Office.

August 18, 1998

Dear Provo City Prosecutor's Office

Subject: Ferret Beat to Death.

I recently heard about a tragedy that occurred in your City.  A ferret was
beat to death because by two men because the men did not like the fact that
their neighbor is a lesbian.  This is one of the more horrible animal abuse
cases I have heard about.  This ferret suffered through being beaten to
death.  Not only is this a horrible animal abuse crime, but also a hate
crime on account that the crime was committed because the owner of the
ferret is a lesbian.

The men who committed this crime should be prosecuted to the fullest extent
of the law.  If they are not, I would not feel safe visiting the state of
Utah alone or with my husband and pets.

Sincerely,

Melinda Nelson-Hurst

cc: Salt Lake Tribune
Tribune Public Forum
143 South Main
Salt Lake city, UT 84111

Salt Lake City Weekly
60 West 400 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84101

Daily Herald
P.O. Box 717
Provo, UT 84603

Deseret News
P.O. Box 1257
Salt Lake City, UT

P.S.  the format got a little messed up when I was pasting.
[Moderator's note: Not after I got done with it. BIG]