From:
Lori Rice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Feb 1998 18:51:08 +0500
I have a almost 4 yo male, named Sebastion.  He has had impacted anals for
at least a month now.  We tried to get high fiber food in him to take care
of it naturally.  No luck, he doesn't like much of anything we've tried.
Took him back to the vet today.The vet tried to express him some today.  Got
a little out.

Neither the vet nor I want to descent him if possiable.  We will be taking
him in on 3/2 to be expressed under anesthesia.  My vet is exellent with
ferrets and has owned them himself for 20 years.  He doesn't descent them.
He has never done the operation.  If Dr. Williams or some other vet is out
there, please e-mail me so that you could e-mail my vet whatever info you
have on anal gland problems.

My vet has books with diagrams etc.  and is willing to descent Sebastion if
need be.I would rather not put the little guy through it, if at all
possiable.  My vet was also wondering if his problem could be caused by the
6 mo.  we got at the end of Dec.  Sebastion has been with Pixie only for
almost 4 years.  He is starting to play with the intruder somewhat.
Everybody went to the vets yesterday in 1 carrier with no problems.Pixie(5
yr) is having a blast with Mojo.  She acts almost like a kit herself.  She
was real laid back before.  If only the grumpy old man(sebastion) would play
more.

Thanks alot
 Lori, Sebastion, Pixie and Mojo