From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 May 1999 08:51:58 -0400
>From:   William Killian - Zen and the Art of Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: zen probably annoys a portion of the FML readership by
>         disagreement
>
>>Alicia is at the point of exhaustion and without necessary funds?
>
>She always is.  Its part of fund raising to say things like that.

Yeah, you're right.  You certainly annoyed ME!  Are you saying that Alicia
is well rested and financially in the black and that she's just making this
up to raise money?

>I'm not at this point claiming that Alicia isn't doing good things for
>ferrrets but just pointing out a reality of fund raising.

You're also not allowing that running a shelter can be exhausting and
financially draining and that it's not necessarily just a fund raising
ploy.  I can't believe you have such a cavalier attitude towards this
topic.

>We have had only one single ferret come into our shelter and then develop
>adrenal problems.  She was 7.  We had one ferret adopted from a shelter
>that had already had one adrenal gland removed generate problems with the
>second gland - he was about 5.  We have had one ferret (Fuzzface my second
>ferret) develop adrenal problems at about age 6.  We had a looney visit
>and pronounce dozens of our ferrets ill but we ignored her.  None have
>developed problems.  We do have two that had some alopecia but no other
>symptoms nor was the alopecia long lasting so we no longer suspect they
>had adrenal problems and they will have been virtually moved into the
>adoptable list.

The above was just kinda stuck into the middle of your message so I'm not
sure I understand what you were driving at.  What, adrenal problems are
just another one of those Internet myths that are circulating around?  Or
is it that you alone are somehow immune and don't get adrenal ferrets into
your shelter?  Please enlighten us.

Would a count as to how many adrenal ferrets are in our shelter at the
present time and how many have gone through in the past couple years, help
to convince you?  Would you like to see pictures of turned-in and found
ferrets that have nary a hair on their body?  Would you blame this on some
dermatological condition?

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* Secretary, South Florida Ferret Club & Rescue
* A 501(c)3 not-for-profit corporation
*
* Visit our shelter's web site:  http://www.miamiferret.org
* Visit the Adrenal/Insulinoma web site: http://www.miamiferret.org/FHC