From:
Tamara Wrzesinski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 20:42:12 -0400
Hi everyone-
I wanted to thank everyone who sent e-mails on where to get help with our
samantha.

Unfortunately, just minutes after I went to visit her this afternoon- she
died- I'm glad she hung on so we could say goodbye to each other and I
could wrap her in one of her blankets and be with her when she passed on.

Our vet does specialize in exotics and has lots of experience with ferrets-
and even he was puzzled.

Based on her bloodwork (CBC & smear) it looked like she had a regenerative
anemia, and the plan had been to give her oxyglobin until she was
stronger-( but he said that oxyglobin itself can only work for so long)
He also did an ultrasound today which showed fluid in her abdomen.  He
will be doing an autopsy and I hope we can find some answers so she can
help other ferrets-

I know sammy will keep company with all other ferrets who have passed on
so I know she won't be lonely- but I still miss her.

Thanks again,
Tammy and sammy's pal Herschel