From:
Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jan 1998 14:48:48 -0600
Just to set the record straight once and for all.  Margaret Merchant is
completely out of line in describing my medical problems considering she
first described it incorrectly, second, I haven't seen her since last August
(and only then briefly in passing) so she would have absolutely no idea of
what I look like or my current condition, and third, although we may reside
in the same community, we are not social nor any other form of friends.  Her
last post left the implication that she knew me, knew about my medical
condition, and we were at least social friends.  This is not the case, for
personal reasons that are absolutely no ones' business, so don't even ask.
For future clarification, consider any remark Margaret may make about me as
*completely* onesided.

Making this statement has been extremely difficult for me, for as anyone who
has ever met me knows, I have one of those personalities that *likes* almost
everyone, and I usually work hard to bridge gaps between groups.  FML
members have heard me many times argue against personal comments and even
flame people for making them.  You've even heard me poke fun at the existing
clubs for their bickering and lack of cohesion.  My goal on the FML has
always been for improvement of the conditions our ferrets live in, which I
work very hard towards.  It pains me deeply to cause *any* type of a
division which would detract from those goals, which is why until now, I
have refrained from commenting on her remarks concerning me.  The
differences between myself and Margaret are unbridgable and private.  I will
not take any comments meant to smooth our relationship in a positive way, so
please don't send a single post asking why or trying to help.

As for Margaret, I have nothing against her, her care of ferrets, or her
ferret posts, and no one should regard my personal desire not to have a
social relationship as an indication that I think her ferret views are
incompatible with this list.  I have absolutely no objections to her posts,
so long as they do not include personal information about me that can only
be the result of fantasy or imagination.

Just to make it clear to everyone, there is absolutely *NO* relationship of
any kind at any time nor of any degree between Margaret and me, nor will
there ever be, nor did one ever exist past the realm of casual friendship.
That friendship ended more than a year ago.  I hope she has a good life, and
I wish her success with her ferrets.

Robert R. Church (AKA: Bob C and 20 Mo Ferrets)

[Moderator's note: OK, I hope setting the record straight is ONCE -- this
would be off-topic, but as a clarification, it's OK as a one-time post.  BIG]