From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Nov 1997 13:12:18 -0800
Hello there all,

I live in California and am going to Las Vegas next week to attend Comdex.
Well, I'm thinking of picking up a playmate for my ferret "Maggie" while I'm
there.  I'm writing to ask how I should approach this.  Reccomendations
anyone?

Someone posted a few weeks ago about "smuggling" a ferret aboard an airplane
(it's only a 45 min flight) by carrying it through the security section in
their coat and placing it in a bag for the remainder of the flight.  In that
case it was to avoid a pet fee, but it could work in this case as well.

What stops one from just marching up to the counter and checking the ferret
through as you normally would a dog or cat?  Is it the airline's
responsibility to enforce the California law?  Do DFG nazis have someone
waiting in CA airports to intercept fuzzies and other contraband pets?  Just
curious.

[TW]