From:
Diane Kolomijez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Dec 2006 05:52:36 -0800
I also use a blender to blend my gravy/soup. But I soak the kibble in
my chicken/turkey broth to soften it up into a mushy consistency before
adding it to the blender to puree. This helps save on the blender so
it doesn't work so hard. I've also ground up my kibble in my food
processor before adding the broth to soften. That works well, but
then I've got TWO appliances to clean (yuck).

I don't do bones or skin, so I just break small pieces of cooked
chicken & turkey and add some of the chicken/turkey broth/water to them
and blend them in the blender. Then I add that blended mixture to my
softened kibble and blend together again. The blender works less since
it is only doing a puree on already softened/mushed up gravy. I really
find that this helps keep the life of my blender hanging on longer.

Hopes this helps. Sorry about your blender, but glad you found the
problem in time. Wishing you many years of good blending with your
new blender!!

Diane
Volunteer Co-ordinator
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter