Date:
Wed, 22 May 1996 07:42:08 -0700
>Jonas and Rebecca Stoltz <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>Subject: big move and re:deaf ferret

>...The apartment was so hot... I did remember someone posting about a
>bottle of water frozen so while that was in the freezer,Stubby hung out on
>the cool bathroom floor.Once the bottle was frozen it seemed to make Stubby
>a happy camper.

>... Is it best to wrap the frozen bottle up in a shirt or towel?I did that
>yesterday with one of Stubby's bed sheets(old shirts) and he moved the
>clothes out of the way so he could touch the bottle.What about putting the
>bottle in a sock?

My wife was the one with that idea (that I posted), we normally use bottles
that have been chilled in the frig.  We wrap them in an old shirt or towel,
and place one or two in the bottom of the cage.  Pixel will then arrange
them as she likes.  We have found that she will generally uncover part of
one and rest her chin directly on the cold surface.  Given the amount of
fur on your average fret, direct contact is probably their best bet for
cooling off.

Brad