From:
sheena staples <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 1996 21:14:01 -0800
>From:    "Irena Arthur (OPS|schwanke)" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Need Help Transporting Ferrets
>I live in Maryland, she lives in Canada... Does anyone know of a SAFE way
>to transport ferret a distance this far?

Irena,

To the best of my knowledge (someone correct me if they know otherwise) the
only truly safe way to get your ferret to the US is if you drive down and
get it.  Aside from the hassels at the border (nobody there know's what is
right and wrong) that's the best way to go about this.  An airplane will
stick your baby in the cargo place where it is always too cold or too hot
and hundreds of animals die every year.  I won't fly with any of my animals
unless I can carry them on board with me.  Buses won't take animals and last
I asked, the train didn't either.  I suggest driving down.  Just out of
curioisity, are there no ferret shelters in Maryland or closer to you?  I
thought they were everywhere except for mid-Canada :)

>From:    Tillie & Amy Evers <[log in to unmask]>
>Any one else out there with a Fert that actually wags their tail?

I have a stripey wannabe who wags that little tail.  It seems to happen when
she is extremely excited and in a position where she cannot zoom away with
that energy.  For example, a sure fire way to make Mazzy wag is to capture
her in a Safeway bag (plastic) and then lift her off the ground.  Stick your
face in the bag and stare at her...the tail starts wagging faster and
faster.  Oh yeah, and if you don't move your face out of reach real quick
after that, you get exactly what you deserve for tormenting her in the first
place (Hey!  To my SO!  Are you reading this???)

We also wanted to take a moment to introduce our newest ferrety family
member who shall remain nameless until I can come up with something really
good.  She's a little siamese sable and the only ferret in the world who can
keep up with Mazzy on her mad dashes about the house.  She also spun off
with the lid to the treats jar yesterday, so we are rather fond of her.
That brings me up to 8, which is 3 over my limit, so I won;t do it again!!!
(yeah right....)

Sheena and 8 Isn't Quite Enough...but 9, now 9 is good...
Ferrets & Friends Club & Rescue E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]
"dedicated to the preservation of the domestic ferret as a
 household pet", a no-kill, not-for-profit ferret facility.
For more information about the FFCR try our homepage:
< http://www.geopages.com/Colosseum/1575 >