From:
Mary Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 09:56:46 -0500
Emily had her distemper shot on 5/26.  On 6/28 I took her to the vet
because of some strange breaking out on her mouth, started in her eye a few
days prior.  She got a cortisone shot and some clavamox.  She got better.
Now it looks like her other eye is red around the outside again.  I was
reading the FAQ in Ferret Central and one of the signs of canine distemper
starts out as an eye infection and then goes to a rash on the chin and
lips.  I'm just wondering if she might be having a reaction to the shot.
Have any of you experienced this?  I have not changed soaps or anything
like that since we adopted her 8 months ago.  She's 5.  Rowdy use to get
sick and I've read about the violent reactions that some of you have
experienced.  We take little "biter" er, I mean Ollie-Bear on Monday to get
his second distemper shot and I'll ask then.  We can never have too much
information on these little guys.  So if any of you have experienced eye
infections or mouth rashes, please let me know.

Thanks,
Mary and the 11 Munchkins

Mary Rogers
Executive Administrative Associate