Date:
Mon, 16 May 2005 10:52:52 -0700
I have a 7 year old male who has had a rough year.  In jan he had a bad
case of helicobacter that was successfully treated, then went through 8
weeks of being unable to eat solid food without regurgitating(believe
that was ulcer related).  He was fine for a few weeks after that then
began having bad diarrhea and was losing weight rapidly.  Had him on baby
food again and he seemed to eat a little bit of solid food but was mostly
just breaking apart the pieces having problems eating them.  One vet
found some yeast in his stool and put him on ketoconizole which nearly
killed him where he stopped eating altogether.  Took him off that and
went to probiotics.

Recently went to a different vet who switched his food to marshall farms
which was softer and easier to eat and supplemented with carnivore care.
She had me stop the probiotics.  Tests still showed some yeast but she
believes it is secondary to the true problem.  Lymphnodes felt fine and
she didn't feel any masses in him...He has now solid dark stool but seems
to still be losing weight and is even more lethargic.  He won't even sit
still for baby food or carnivore care now and we have to fight to get
10cc's in him periodicallu.  He is very wobbly when he wakes up and drags
his behind a little more now than before.

His last bloodwork in january showed glucose at 95 so insulinoma was not
diagnosed but it was not a definite fasting test as  I had no idea when
he ate before the test.  He grinds his teeth when he eats solid food so
definately some abdominal distress.

Both of my vets are perplexed and so am I.  I don't know what to do
really and it is killing me to see him struggle so much.

I tried to describe everything that has been going on hoping someone
can help.  Any advice or thoughts are greatly appreciated.

-scott and frantic