From:
Dee Race <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 13:37:43 EST
Knock me over with a feather............
I received a call this morning from Rep.  DeHart's office informing me that
her House Bill 5219 is going before the House Agriculture Committee
Thursday, February 12, at 8:45 a.m.  This Bill will take the CDC policy and
put it into law so the state health department can no longer continue to
keep ferret owners confused as to how they stand with regard to the
rabies/quarantine issue.  To quote Senator Dingell (who has an identical
Senate Bill 616 languishing somewhere in the Senate) "....it is better to
enact the policy (meaning the CDC policy) into the existing statute than to
allow confusion at the local health department level to give excuse to those
who would continue killing a beloved pet."

For those of you who may want to appear, the hearing will be in Room 424 of
the Capitol Building.

Dee
Beau & Nilla