From:
Pam Grant and STAR* Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 1995 21:31:24 -0500
to:    Chris Weiman
Subject: Re: Angora Ferrets, Ferret color

>I just got a copy of Ferrets USA, and saw the ad for angora ferrets in the
>back of the issue.  Does anyone know anything about this place?...

I've got the FERRETS USA too, and those pictures are cute, but the "long
hairs" turn to regular fur - it is just the baby fluff.

I don't know anything about Angora ferrets, but in Europe they really only
have a few colors - sable (commonly called polecat but not "wild" polecats),
albino, sandys (cinnamon or chocolate depending on the red) and
silvers/mitts.  My friend in Germany told me one breeder was trying to get
"blue" ferrets, but it never happened.  There are breeders in the USA who
have ads in FERRETS making claims to colors most of us on the east coast
have never heard of - stars (actually incomplete badger stripes) is one
example.  ALWAYS ASK FOR A PHOTO!  If the breeder can't send you one and you
are looking for a specific color, try another breeder.  Of course,
personality reigns supreme for me.  If anyone wants a list of breeders or
rescues in their state so they can drive and LOOK at the ferrets first hand,
just send me a self addressed stamped envelope (SASE):

STAR* Ferrets
PO Box 1714
Springfield, VA 22151-0714

FML STAR* listing will be updated in February 96, so if you want the latest
info, send a SASE.

Pam