From:
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2008 20:57:20 -0500
Greetings folks.

We have some wonderful kids here at the shelter looking for homes,
the ages range from 2 years and up. Most of them are featured on our
website.

Some have been here for a few years.

We have only been taking in surrenders after someone is adopted, which
means there is a waiting list. A long waiting list. Some of the ferrets
that would be surrendered here have ended up in kill facilities. (As
far as I know, none have been killed, but taken home by the shelter
volunteers)

After discussing the idea of allowing people from other states to adopt
as long as we can check vet references, and personal references.

It would be best if they were able to come to the shelter to visit with
the ferrets to see who steals their heart, but there can be exceptions.

We have eight that need surgery (adrenal, spleen) but they won't be
done until we get our vet bill paid down some $3900.00 (If you have any
doubts about the amount, feel free to call Avon Lake Animal Clinic to
verify, 440/933-5297) Dr. Krupka would let us continue to charge even
at this amount, but I don't fee comfortable doing that, so we are doing
health checks and emergencies at this time.

I would love to blood ADV test everyone first, but funds are at a all
time low (folks, it is the same for all shelters right now). I do have
some of the Instant checks we can do right before they leave, but not
enough for everyone, last adv tests done for the whole population was
in June. (The ones that came in after were checked.)

If memory serves me, FAA only will accept blood ADV tests.

So where is this all heading? If you have the urge to adopt, and there
isn't a shelter close to you, take a look and fill out the adoption
application, and in the other comments space list your references.

Or find a shelter close to you and adopt one of those kids that have
been there forever.

If you have a spare dollar or two, we could use the help, and so could
any shelter that is here on this list.

I know that after the holidays are rough, but maybe you can help, or
know someone who can, either here or any other shelter on this list.

Thank you to all who have helped this shelter and any other shelter.
Without the support of the community, shelters cannot exist.

Hug your fur angels,

jean
Jean Caputo-Lee
Director