From:
Bruce Williams DVM <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Feb 1995 08:26:54 EST
To Troy Lynn -

        Friday I talked with Dr. Morrissey at KSU.  It seems he has dotted all
of his i's and crossed all of his t's on his proposal.  He seems to feel that he
can do all of the ultrasound and take bloos on these animals without anesthesia,
which would be great (although I'm not sure how he is going to keep all of the
animals still for this.  But if that's what he claims - hold him to it.  The
anesthesia is the only part of the study that may harm any of the participants,
and even that risk is negligible if they are young and healthy.

        As he wants to deal with normal, healthy animals, I would not let anyone
over 4 years of age participate.  It may be too stressful for some of the older
animals.

        If I was in your area, I probably would allow a couple of my animals to
contribute.  You might, however, ask to be present for a few of the sessions, so
that you are comfortable with what is going on....

Bruce Williams