From:
"Mary L. McCarty" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 12:55:33 -0500

MC, The Rude One wrote:
>I went completely through pets Warehouse's web site several times and no
>where could I find anything about shipping the ferrets.  They have a line
>that says '7 week old ferrets, etc.' but no where to order them..or any
>other animal outside of the herps.

I, too, saw nowhere to "click" and order a ferret, but they ARE selling
them on-line.  If you go to the chat forum - the oh so eloquent
administrative person, Bob, replies to our concerns of this practice.
Here is an excerpt:

"The fact that we sell ferrets on line, does not mean that you can just
"click and pick" any of the live stock we sell.  We make every effort,
as we hope every breeder and pet shop large or small would do, to do our
best to make sure that every animal sold goes to a home where they will
be well cared for.  We check the age of the purchaser and discuss the
responsibilities of owning and caring for a ferret, and the associated
veterinarian and maintenance costs..  "

There is more, so I encourage anyone to read thru some of the posts on this
chat <http://www/petswarehouse.com> and see how Bob goes from somewhat
professional to downright rude in the same email proclaiming that they see
no overcrowding problems with ferrets and basically that the ferret
community doesn't know what it's talking about.

Bob has even started censoring posts.  Please, read the posts and let them
know how you really feel.  It's at times like this when we all need to give
BIG a HUGE thank you for being such a good moderator.

Mary McCarty-Houser
Pennsylvania Ferret Rescue Association
Director, Centre County Branch
http://www.ferretrescue.com