From:
D CHRISTEN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Aug 2001 16:48:17 -0500
I am just throwing this out, as it is not immediately ferret related, but
IT could be.  I have a girlfriend who has german shepherds, and a LOT of
CATS!! (she has an additional 5(kittens) that she told me about today,
even though she has been very good about keeping the girls contained)
(long story) :-)

The question is this.  She is a single woman, no living relatives SO "of
course" the animals she cares for are her family.  She has some assets
that could be channeled into a trust for them, resulting in an unexpected
"death", of she the caretaker, and she wants to know how to go about
setting this (trust?) up for them, the legalities, etc, selecting someone
to oversee the trust/?  for the animals, etc.  Anyone have any suggestions?
I have heard of these occuring before and would like to be able to pass
this information on to her.  Assets may include 2 homes, a pricey car,
and bank account...among the larger assets.  Please feel free to email me
or post, as you wish with your suggestions, and thank you all.

Donna and the furry crew