From:
"Rachelle S. Schimmel" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2001 20:09:20 -0400
When the time comes to bathing Winnie I will take him into the bath with
me, lathering him up and toweling him off, a very commonplace routine.
Last bathtime, however, I introduced the idea of swimming to him by holding
him by his midsection and allowing him to paddle.  I let go and he would
swim towards me.  We repeated this several times and all went well.It was
too cute to watch him swim towards me.  Tonight I repeated the activity
allowing him to move around at his own pace.  It was so precious to watch
him as he became more confident in the water.  I would initially hold onto
him and watch as he would swim away from me taking more and more time
before he would return.Its almost as if he grew to trust me more this
evening and I got to see another side of my little guy.

Anyway, I just thought you might enjoy reading about our little experience.

Rachelle & Winnie