Date:
Sat, 20 Sep 2008 20:24:05 -0500
This story was shared with me by a family in Tennessee who took in a
refugee from Hurricane Ike. Permission was granted to cross-post. We
look forward to hearing about Li'l Man's escapades and the continuing
saga of whether he returns to Texas or becomes a Volunteer! Thank you
to Tim and Cheryl for opening their home.

Little Man and his family of four (man, woman and two children, ages
unknown) evacuated from Arlington, Texas to escape Hurricane Ike's
wrath, upon trying to return to a home they didn't know existed or not,
the bus company's regulations removed them from the bus in Nashville,
TN, because they were transporting a ferret. They contacted a local
clergyman who said he'd care for Little Man so they could reboard the
bus and make it back home to Texas. The clergyman soon realized the
care of a ferret was beyond his capacity and contacted The Coles Ferry
Ferret Home. He brought Little Man to our home in a pink critter
carrier with his box of food and water bottle. We had an extra cage
and plenty of bedding so we set him up in a condo all to his own.

We are waiting to see if the original parents want to come reclaim him,
if not we will put him up for adoption to loving people who will give
him a loving home, if not He will remain here with no worries as long
as God sees fit for him to be here ..

Lilman is about 3 years old and Loves everybody and has been well
taking care of

We hope and pray his other family is allright and have A home, if they
want him back we will do everything in our power to make sure he gets
back to his family .. God Works in Mysterious ways and we Do not ask
why all we do is follow His lead !!

God Bless and Hug your Angels for us ..
Tim, Cheryl, Colesferrykids & Dixie Lee..

--
Renee Downs
"Eventually we will realize that if we destroy the ecosystem we destroy