From:
christopher lionetti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Dec 1994 02:45:15 -0700
> From:    Yuki Busch <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: To Ferret Doctors - Need Advice
> size, he plans to conduct adrenalectomy.  He also mentioned that he would
> refer Sneaker to CSU vet hospital for ultrasound exam to pinpoint an
> adrenal problem, if we wish.

  We recently had a scare with our little one.  She was throwing up
and lethargic for unknown reasons.  We rushed her to CSU Vet Hospital
where her case was overseen by Dr. Kerr.  We left her for observation
overnight.  The next day we found out that she needed surgery for an
intestinal blockage, apparantly they were not able to get her to pass
whatever it was.  When they opened her up they found three kernals of
unpopped popcorn.   At under two pounds normal weight we were quite
concerned that she would not survive the surgery.  Happily we report
that although she was less than one pound when we brought her home she
has recovered very well and is now a bit on the pudgy side.  The point
of all this that Dr. Kerr at CSU was an absolute wonder with her.  He
knows ferrets very well and is a very gentle man to boot.  And because
ferrets are still considered exotics the Teaching Hospital covered about
half of the expenses.  Our total came to around $250 (and worth every
penny to have Squeeky Fromm stealing our socks again.).

:)