From:
Sunshine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 19:47:20 -0800
Give the ferret 20-30 chest compressions slowly and then place your mouth
over their nose and mouth and blow once.  Repeat this method until the
ferret starts to breathe.

Our kit Sabrina has a clear teary eye.  A friend and the Vet says it's
probably a cold.  She is normal in all the other ways.  What I am thinking
which I need to verify is maybe the towel she is sleeping on she is
allergic to the soap or softener.  Can this be possible, or could it be
just a cold?  My son reacted to the softener we used years ago.

I think the day after we brought her home she could not open her eye and
we used a towel and wiped the eye and it was fine.

Debbie in WA

[Moderator's note: Please don't forget just how tiny ferret lungs are
when you try to fill them with air.  Not to say you shouldn't do it...
just be careful!  BIG]