From:
Marcy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Dec 1994 17:11:47 -0500
Hi everyone.  Abercrombie, Fitch and I have been away for a week, and we're
still catching up on all the issues of the FML.  Much has happened since we
last talked to all of you.  I recently broke my foot in a fall, and am
wearing a huge cast on my leg, and Abie and Fitch are getting over being
utterly spoiled by my parents!!

The two little monsters thoroughly enjoyed their Christmas.  Abie and Fitch
were the highlight of every rest area (in fact, we saw into one couple that
told us that they had heard about the ferrets at their last stop, and were
happy to have actually found us along the way!!).  Although I myself had
driven the whole way (12 hours) wearing a cast on my leg, who did my
parents rush to see when we pulled up in their driveway?  Of course--their
mustelid grandchildren!  In fact, Abie and Fitch took advantage of all the
pampering, from having two breakfasts every morning (one with my Mom, one
with my Dad), to stealing all the candy canes from the tree, to emptying
the nut bowl and hiding walnuts all over the house.  My Mom didn't even
object when she saw Abie draped across an antique table with his face in a
bowl full of peppermint candy, a crime for which I would have surely been
punished when _I_ was a child!!  They even travelled to my parents'
workplaces, where they were introduced as grandchildren and sufficiently
oohed and aahed over by co-workers.

Actually, after reading the past few lists, and hearing about the great
news from Michigan, I am convinced that by travelling with ferrets and
having people stop us everywhere we go to ask about them, ferret owners can
also do a service to dispel all the negative views people have about their
pets.  Abercrombie and Fitch certainly did their part as poster children
this Christmas, although I'm hoping that they don't become too big-headed
as a result of all the attention!!!

Happy New Year!

Marcy (still in a cast but hoping for the best)

Abercrombie and Fitch (hey, what's that thing mom has on her foot?  Let's lick
                        her toes and see what happens!)