From:
Kelleen and the FANG Gang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 May 1996 16:21:45 -0700
Hi All,

Since it was asked about, I have to agree with everything Pam said about the
number of adopters out there vs the number of adoptees and the time it takes
to get these fuzzy's homes.

I too have an influx of ferts in the spring as you can see by my last posts
and many less in the wintertime.  At the moment I think I have all of 1 or 2
names of interested parties for adopting a fert.  Sad state of affairs when
I have 4 sitting here now and probably more to come.

Also it takes a while for the ferts to be able to be offered for adoption.
They must be updated on the shots, so right there is two weeks minimum.  If
FANG gets in a lost one we like to watch the papers for at least 1 week then
if nothing there we get the shots done so that is 3 weeks minimum.  Any
other medical needs will extend that time and sometimes considerably as will
be the case with our little Larry and sweet Stryker.  My Rockadoodle and
Bobo have been with me going on 2 and 3 months now and it will hurt to see
them go since I am very attached after such a long time:-( Lord only knows
how long my trio of brothers, Two Socks, Larry & Stryker will need to be
with me since two need operations.

Even once they are ready to be adopted you have to find suitable homes for
them.  All depends on how many interested parties you know about and if they
still live there or are still interested.  People leave their names and them
move or change their mind and never bother to call and tell you.  So you
think you have 6 interested parties when in reality after phoning them you
may find you only have 2 or less.  If ever need be we will advertise we have
ferts available for adoption and then screen the responders thoroughly<G> I
always figure if they were the right kind of people to adopt ferts then they
wouldn't be the type to not phone you with their change of plans.  So no
loss to me or my ferrets is the way I see it.

I tend to think in my area that I will always be wanting for suitable homes
to adopt out to.  Especially once I am well known about and we receive even
more ferrets than we currently do.  I see now that may happen sooner than I
had ever expected!  If there were really tons of adopters out there why
would TLE have 60 kids running thru her house right now?<GG>

A tiny side note, here is some explanations of a few abbrev. you see
since people have been going nuts trying to figure them out I see <G>:

<G> <GG> <GGG>  : Grin, double grin, triple grin etc....
TNT : Till Next Time
LOL : Laughing out loud
ROTFL : Rolling on the floor laughing
LOS : Legion of Superferrets
BTW : By the way
BRB : Be right back (not usually used on FML)
IMO, IMHO : In my opinion & In my humble opinion

The best way to learn these things is to go to the Yahoo page on the web at

http://www.yahoo.com/

and enter the word "acronyms" in the search box.  What we do with the
letters instead of words is actually acronyms not abbreviations so use that
and it will show you all the lists of these babies on the web.  Some are
real small, short lists and others are nice and big.  Just check them all
out and find the one you like best.  If you like the different Smileys that
are used such as :-) :-( etc..... then put in the word Smileys and it will
tell you all the Smiley dictionaries out there.  There are 3 main ones and
all are fairly long and good.  Hope this helps a lot of you new guys out
there and even some old timers might not have checked these things out.
Makes it a lot easier and more fun to communicate when you understand the
lingo.  I know cuz I felt lost when I started on these pooters too.  Now
netiquette, well that is up to you as I believe in the right to express
yourself and be creative and I get a lot of crap for it too.  So I will not
even point the way to the netiquette crap as I have never bothered with it
myself:-) I know the basics and follow them but find a lot of it very
restrictive and at times ridiculous.  (I am sure this really gets my
adversaries a goin huh?, LOL!) Well that is enough of that.  Have a good web
crawl and learn a lot guys<GG>!  TNT!

      Kelleen Andrews  &  The FANG GANG!!!!

[Moderator's note: Well, a long list of FML "netiquette crap" and a few
abbreviations get sent automatically to every new FML subscriber.  And
though I try not to interfere TOO much, sometimes I feel it's necessary -
and will continue to do so.  BTW, the word "crap" is borderline!  BIG]