Date:
Wed, 12 Aug 1998 09:51:36 EDT
Hello all, I've posted this question to the FAIML a couple of times, but the
only kind folks to respond were those who had males with adrenal disease --
I really need the opinions of those who have had females go through adrenal
surgery.  My Jasmine (4.5 yo MF) had her left adrenal gland removed on July
9 (her right was debulked last March and had not regrown at the time of this
most recent surgery).  At this time, one month after surgery, Jasmine's
vulva is still swollen; it hasn't decreased noticibly at all.  It seems to
me that it didn't take this long to notice some improvements last year
after surgery, but I honestly can't remember.  I called my vet to see what
he thought, but he is on vacation.  The other vet who works in the office
said that I wouldn't see any improvements for at least TWO months after
surgery -- Is this true??  I know it will take some time to see her hair
regrowth, but my main concern right now is the vulva swelling.

Now I KNOW I'm not the only one on these lists to have a female ferret go
through adrenal surgery ;) (though for the ferrets' sakes, I wish I was!)
So, if those of you who have been through this would share your experience
following surgery with me, I would surely appreciate it.

Also, if she doesn't show improvement, any ideas on where to go from here?
What does one do with a ferret who has the symptoms of adrenal disease and
no adrenal glands left?  Any and all advice is welcome and very appreciated.

Thanks, from Lucie and Jasmine

                        @-"-@
                    o00 -\o/- 00o