From:
Trish Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 17:36:16 -0700
Hello.  I got a call from my cousin in Lorain 5 days ago that a family
just had a newborn baby and were giving away 2 free ferrets.  The family
had 3 dogs, 2 cats, 2 ferrets, and a 2 week year old baby girl.  They
didn't have the time anymore they said and were happy to give them to
me after knowing me for about 5 minutes.  *sigh*

The girls are 1.5 & 2.5 according to the owner (though he did think one
of them was male) but he didn't know if they had shots.  No papers, no
bedding, not even any food to send with me.  Just a cage with no bedding
a poop on every floor.  Other than that the girls were perfectly healthy,
though one has thinning hair.  Which maybe could be from flea
infestation.  I've bathed and treated them and now they're resting
comfortably in the hammie.

I just ordered the adv tests and plan to take them for shots next week.
Right now they are separate from mine and we're taking it one step at a
time.  I'd love to adopt permanently but am worried about the thinning
hair and possible costs.  I am trying to budget a way to keep them ;)
Ferret math strikes again!

The chocolate sable one I've named Indica & the white & peppered grey
I've named Isis (icy girl).  I'm so attached already!!!  They're sweet
and starved for attention.  It's a nice change from the aloof attitudes
of my own kids.  Put me down, Feed me now, Pick up my poop, and so on.
You know the drill.  Anyhoo, I just wanted to share and say that these
are the sweetest little girls ever!  Especially for not being handled
very often and living in a cage for months on end.  Now that the cage is
clean and set up they are 100% in the litter, but then again they haven't
left my bedroom yet!

Hope everyone is doing well.  I see the IFC is coming to Toledo, OH!  I
don't think I can make it with all my new fuzzies to look after.  I'm
sure it'll be a blast!

Trish ~ Pippin, Zira, Hannah, Bowser and now featuring Indica & Isis

[Moderator's note: Lorain is on Ohio, though if these come up for
adoption please post again.  BIG]