From:
Dave Garvin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 23 Mar 1994 18:15:05 -0500
Howdy:
        I am writing to pass along a way to get sick ferrets to drink some
water.  One of ours was recently sick, and wasn't too excited about
drinking.  To get around this, we put some water in a shallow plate (a tea
saucer) and put a few small drops of Ferretone on the surface.  Stirring
with a finger disperses the Ferretone into small droplets all over the
surface.  Our ferret wasn't so sick that she wasn't interested in
Ferretone, so she sat and lapped at the Ferretone on the water, and got
alot of water as well.  Repeating this a few times with small quantities of
Ferretone got her to drink a fair bit of water without overdosing her with
the "carrot".
        Hope it works for others.
Ciao - DAVE and "the girls"