From:
Alex Tabibi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Apr 2005 17:31:51 -0500
[Moderator's note: This post makes reference to ferret.com.  Note
ferret.com is not YET being used by this company -- it's currently used
for something else, by someone else, but I'm told ferret.com has been
acquired.   Also told to use petsupplies.com as a sample site, though
that doesn't work for me.  BIG]

Ferret.com
Ferret Product Merchandiser - Hazelton Pennsylvania

About the Opportunity
This is a tremendous ground floor opportunity to be involved with the
launch of a new division.  This full-time position will plan and control
the merchandise assortment for our new Ferret division.  You will be
involved in all aspects of merchandising and internet production
functions for this new business segment.  In conjunction with sourcing
products and negotiating terms you will proof all stages of launch of
the new website www.ferret.com

You will interact with internal departments to ensure samples/product
info is received in a timely manner.  Coordinate product training for the
call center staff and assist various teams with assigned projects/tasks.

* Prepares the initial turn-in of categories and proofs web page
layouts on specific product categories and sub-categories.  This
includes proofing of copy, pricing, layouts and images.

* Gathers vendor information and samples/digital images for website
turn-in.

* Maintains all new item and discontinued forms.  Research any
discrepancies or questions that arise.

* Performs some analysis while computing basic merchandising math
applications i.e. GP% and percent savings off list price.

* Performs any and all other projects as delegated by upper management
while insuring that all media is completed on time.

Qualifications
We're revolutionizing the niche pet products industry and are looking for
superstars to join us.  We want top talent who is ready to work hard
while creating their own success.  If this sounds like you, you'll have
the following qualifications:

* 2-5 years experience in the merchandising of Ferret products, a degree
  in merchandising or marketing is a plus;

* The ability to work independently with little guidance; Must have
  strong administrative, organizational, communication, and problem
  solving skills;

* Proficient in Excel; Ability to understand and apply mathematical
  calculations and merchandising concepts;

* Strong proofreading and time management skills;

* Self-starter who can meet deadlines and put in necessary efforts to
  complete tasks;

* Must be able to work quickly, accurately and very well under pressure.

About Pets United LLC
Our primary division www.dog.com is a leader in both B2B and B2C dog
supplies distribution.  We deliver an outstanding customer experience -
in service, product, time savings, and value - through a relentless
customer centric focus.  We provide a full range of dog supplies and
are looking to rapidly expand with the same business model into the
ferret niche with the recent acquisition of the url www.ferret.com .
Our customers are served by a state-of-the-art catalog/internet
management software system and distribution center located in NE PA.
For more information, please send your resume and cover letter to