From:
Jim Lapeyre <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 1994 13:45:41 -0500
        Re Mark Oullette's ferrets' response to the family music...
        I have the same phenomenon.  I play several instruments, and Rikki
and Winston (Rikki more so) restore one's faith in the Pied Piper of Hamlin
story.
        When we first got Rikki a year and a half ago, she first heard
guitar and, being a tiny thing, crawled inside while I was playing it,
slipping beneath the strings and inside.  I have pictures of her sticking
her head out.  I had to take the strings off to get her out.  But her
favorite (or least favorite: I'm never sure what the behaviour indicates)
instruments are the harmonica and the tin whistle.  She goes ballistic,
trying to crawl up my arms to the source of the sound, but I can't tell
whether she wants to "turn it off" or just enjoy it more fully.  She likes
classical more than jazz, but blues is what sets her going.
        Dr. Williams, or anybody, is my ferret insane?  Well, I mean,
obviously my ferret is insane, but I mean does this mean that my ferret is
slightly more insane than ferrets generally?