From:
Himberger Gerri <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Dec 2005 07:03:30 -0800
First- I am highly annoyed to hear Stephanie begging for money again.  I
have offered her help here in Colorado repeatedly, with no response from
her at all.  I have no money to give to her- but have offered her the use
of my store as a venue for adopting out some of her ferrets, and have
offered to take some of her animals in, and help her figure out what to
do.  I HAVE made it clear to her I have no money to give her, and so she
does not respond to me.  While I understand she wishes to keep everything
the way it is- according to her posts this just will not be possible- I
would think she would take whatever help is being offered, or at least
tell me "no thanks".  All of this was offered way before Christmas, and
now she says she doesn't want to have to put all these ferrets down......
So what, she will if people won't give her money?  It costs money to
euthanize ferrets.  Flame me if you will, but I have issues with people
doing things like this.  I hear every day- "I don't want to have to put
him down, but if you don't take him I will".  There are plenty of people
here who would be happy to help- they just are not going to give her the
money she wants.

Second- I do work at Petco.  While I too, find this store's selling of
ferrets appalling- I do my best to make sure the babies going out of my
store have the best chance they can- I socialize them, groom them, care
for them, make sure their enclosure is spotless, exercise them, and love
them.  I also offer ferret education classes free of charge to anyone who
would like to come and am available for anything ferret related.  This
means I am in the store 7 days a week.It also means I get the sick and
biting ones, and the ones that are dumped to bring home.This is the only
way I can make a difference in Petco's commercialization of these awesome
creatures.  We do feed them 2 times a day- refills and change wet
food.They have food available 24 hours- they are checked.  This is not
ideal- there is no ideal when you are talking about slavery of precious
souls.  It shreds my heart to sell any one of my babies- I don't get the
option- all I get to do is to try to get the best homes and weed out the
worst.