From:
Signe Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 22:34:08 -0500
I sent the following message to Lynda regarding her desire for a ferret
pin.  (Members of the Kouri Wood Fan Club get some really nice little
goodies in exchange for a $1 single or a $2 "family" membership fee,
which is donated to Save Our Shelters.)  We don't all get the SAME goodies,
however, which makes opening the mailbox doubly exciting!!!  Lynda's
obviously one of those people who want it ALL and now her nose is out of
joint because she learned some members got a pin and she DIDN'T (although
she got a bumper sticker which THEY didn't get), and she's thinking of
joining again under a fake name so she doesn't have to go through life
brooding wistfully on what might have been.  Meanwhile, she's been sending
out strong hints that some kind soul might perhaps donate THEIR pin to her
so she can add it to her "collection."

Lynda said I should cross-post my response to her finangling to the FML,
and encourage more people to join this really cool fan club.  I realize
it's a drag for computer people to address snail-mail and our ferrets may
have hidden our stamps, and just being ferret mamas and papas is often
exhausting in itself, but the rewards are definitely worth the extra
effort!

Dear Lynda,

Yes, there's a pin out there.  I know because I got one!  I got the red
Rescue Ferrets In Case of Fire sticker, two gorgeous pictures of Kouri
swiping what looked to be big cookies or hamburgers or something, and THE
PIN.  It's round and white, displaying an impressionistic pink heart with
an albino ferret in the middle, very pretty.

BUT YOU CAN'T HAVE IT!!!  Hahahahahahaha.  It's mine, all mine.  But now
that you've told everyone there's a bumper sticker, I want that as well,
so it looks like I'll also have to join the Fan Club again under a
pseudonym.  (How about "P. Seud Onym"?)

Anyway, good luck finding a pin, 'cause you sure ain't getting mine.  Nah
nah nah-nah nah nah.

Tough toenails,
Signe