Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 2003 07:56:50 -0600
Hi Kathy,

I do the same thing with each new ferret that comes in... I squirt small
amounts of the gravy into their mouths (cheek area) and do so about 3 - 4
times a day for about 3 to 5 days.  By the third day, 95% of them take it
on their own.  A few need a little longer to take to it.

As for mice, you can only offer small amounts at a time too... and it
might mean tearing the mouse apart to do it.  If you have ferrets that
already love mice then feed the newcomers with the old hands and they
will show each other what the mice are really for and leave small morsels
for you to give ot the new ferrets.

Good luck!

betty and her blur o'fur
for the love of ferrets