Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 11:46:46 -0400
>A friend of mine at work received an email from what he thought was
>ebay, asking to confirm his secret code.  This appeared VERY real... So
>he confirmed his code and went about his business as usual.  3 days
>later he receives emails from several sellers, wondering how he will be
>paying for the items he bought.....

Sites like Ebay and Paypal make it very clear that they will never ask
for any personal information or passwords or anything through e-mail
*EVER*.  So it is safe and smart to ignore any e-mail message asking for
passwords, bank or credit card info, personal information, etc.  I got an
e-mail last month that claimed to be from paypal and asked for everything
listed above and more.  Basically anyone who filled out the form and
submitted it would be handing all of the necessary information for
someone to ruin their credit rating and steal their identity.

So simple rule: Don't answer any such e-mails and things will be OK.  :)

Butch
Zoe and the cats George and Kiku