From:
Stephenie Baas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2006 11:55:40 +0200
In Holland spring was late in coming, the boys Snow, Moon and Shadow
were fed up with being kept inside because of the rain.  While up to
mischief, Moon got up on the computer and that is where he read about
the great race.  Jumping down he called to Snow and Shadow and told them
what he had seen.  They ran upstairs to their playroom and started to
plan how to keep a look out for the hover wagon.  That evening when the
two legged servants had gone to bed, Snow, Moon and Shadow crept out of
their bed to sneak outside, For goodness sake Moon whispered too Shadow,
take those dam clogs off, you're going to wake the whole neighborhood and
then we will never get to see the hover wagon.  I'm sorry said Shadow,
but I wanted to give them to Aunty Wolfy so she could prove she was in
Holland.  Yeh, smart idEe, and what were you going to tell the humans
when they couldn't find your wooden shoes?  Asked Snow.

At that moment there was a streak of light in the heavens, the boys
looked up and waved with all their might.  To their delight, they had
been seen, the hover wagon circled their house and dropt down, Aunty
Wolfy stuck her head out, and asked do you have any beans?  No?  well
sorry boys we have to be on our way, Wait called Shadow, I have some
wooden shoes for you Sorry boys but we have to search for beans,
otherwise we wont be able to get the hover wagon back in the air and off
they went, as far as the boys could see they were heading for England.
They sure hoped someone there had some beans for Robin en Wolfy.  The
boys, now cold and wet crept back into their bed.  Never mind said Snow,
At least we did see them and I'm sure mum will take some wooden shoes to
Toronto and ask someone to make sure aunty Wolfy gets them as a reminder
from us.  Next morning the servants were full of questions, how did those
wooden shoes get outside?  where did all the mud in your bed come from?
And what on earth is that terrible smell,?  have you boys been eating
beans?  Snow, Moon and Shadow just looked at them full of innocence and
went back to sleep, it had been a long and very exiting night, They sure
hoped that the hover wagon would stop next time.  They were already
planning on finding some beans.