Date:
Sun, 9 Dec 2007 09:12:34 EST
Thank you very much to all who have written their thoughts and feelings
and ideas in the last few days. I have truly appreciated it, learned
some, and actually healed a little of those ragged edges left from the
stress of this rescue...

Most of you have written kindly and gently and politely. I truly
appreciate ALL of you sharing on this topic. I thought of asking Bill
to take me off the FML for a month or so when the rescue occurred
because I was SO emotional. Oh my, oh my.

How many ferrets were going to die in the heat, or of starvation, or
dehydration? Oh my goodness, I was stressed out. And I know that I
was not alone. I reached out to others. We felt so helpless.

Why would someone who was not there feel that way? Because I love
ferrets, felt powerless, couldn't take off to help... A variety of
reasons. I felt very involved without being able to be involved .
There is probably a psychological word for it...I probably would not
like it. :-)

1. A large company donated $10,000..for? Did we thank them? HOW can
   we thank them? (I think we need to.)
2. Someone got that $10,000 out there for the rescue? Who was that?
   Can we know? (Thank you!)
3. It costs THAT much to rent a dumpster? Thank you for that info. I
   had thought about that and all the rusted cages that had to be
   dumped. AND all those newspapers.
4. The litter was not used that was sent? Newspapers WERE used? That
   really was the best idea, I had thought. Made sense to me. Good. I
   had asked about that when deciding where to donate. I would not
   donate for expensive litter. That made no sense to me.
5. In April, the breakdown will be required to be completed legally?
   That sounds right. Hadn't really thought of that.
6. I run my own business. I thought about workers hired. At minimum
   wage working part time, the amount Lori sent us is very reasonable.
   I was so worried about what would happen when the volunteers could
   not be there. That is when they would have starved to death or died
   of dehydration. Thank God the neighbors agreed to help. Many people
   are afraid and revulsed by ferrets that I have met. But biting half
   wild ferrets? Those are some brave and kind neighbors.

Thank you ALL who wrote politely for your input...including those who
feel we should not be writing. We are all entitled to our feelings.
@@And there ARE many huge, tender, and gentle hearts out there.@@
That is one of the reasons I love the FML.