From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2006 11:17:18 -0400
For ticks Frontline is often the best.

Some of the most helpful past posts in the FHL archives on parasites are
from AFERRETVET and a number of those have been carried by me to the FML
as JM from FHL posts so can be found in the FML Archives by using that
to help with the search and noting that the address posted from contains
sukie.

BTW:  Here is info for everyone on how to use some archives for those
for whom the info on the pages is not enough:
http://www.smartgroups.com/message/viewdiscussion.cfm?
gid=1423922&messageid=18170

Ironically, I used a tick info search in the following post when I
told about using archives:
http://listserv.cuny.edu/Scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0604&L=FERRET-SEARCH&P=R26476

On garlic being a lose and posing a health concern:
http://listserv.cuny.edu/Scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0606&L=FERRET-SEARCH&P=R11161

http://listserv.cuny.edu/Scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0506&L=FERRET-SEARCH&P=R8121

(Notice that the FHL archives moved but it may forward, and if it
doesn't then just use the archive addy in my sig lines; the number
and letter ID of the post will be valid.)

http://listserv.cuny.edu/Scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0506&L=FERRET-SEARCH&P=R3349

http://listserv.cuny.edu/Scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0505&L=FERRET-SEARCH&P=R4041
an assortment of parasite info

http://listserv.cuny.edu/Scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0504&L=FERRET-SEARCH&P=R4394

If the dog isn't going outdoors then a female could have gorged on
someone in the earlier household, then dropped off and laid eggs in a
crack in the wood in the household.

General tick info:
http://listserv.cuny.edu/Scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0504&L=FERRET-SEARCH&P=R4394

How deer erroneously get a bad rap:
http://listserv.cuny.edu/Scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0605&L=FERRET-SEARCH&P=R6969

How misreading info about a type of tick caused a false impression
among some:
http://listserv.cuny.edu/Scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0504&L=FERRET-SEARCH&P=R1130

Anyway, you get the idea: there is a lot of info which can be easily
gotten.

-- Sukie (not a vet, and not speaking for any of the below in my
private posts)
Recommended health resources to help ferrets and the people who love
them:
Ferret Health List
FHL Archives
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/
AFIP Ferret Pathology
http://www.afip.org/ferrets/index.html
Miamiferrets
http://www.miamiferret.org/fhc/
International Ferret Congress Critical References
http://www.ferretcongress.org