Date:
Sat, 9 Oct 1999 01:02:12 -0500
Okay, here's the deal.  Four of our five ferrets are somehow sick.  Only
Carter, our one-year-old, is doing well.  Squirt, our five-year-old, is
post-adrenal surgery.  We have 3 three-year-olds, Bear, Xena, and
Gabrielle.  Bear's problem is suspected to be adrenal.  Gabrielle has
cardiomyopathy, as I posted about here earlier.

Well, tonight was annual check-up night, and we discovered that Xena, who
is Gabrielle's literal sister (litter mate) as well as "business" sister,
now has a heart murmur.  It's so weird.  Gab has no audibly-detectable
murmur yet has this awful cough and abnormal EKG and echo.  Xena has no
symptoms at all, yet has an audible murmur now.

Bear needed so is now on amoxi, and as far as the adrenal goes, we're
waiting to see if any symptoms manifest.  Gab is on enacard and lasix.
Xena is now on enacard.  Squirt is on florinef, and we also know the
adrenal problem will come back sooner or later.  *I'm* on the verge of
screaming.

Please, someone, tell me some stories about *healthy* ferrets that *stay*
healthy so I'll know this is just our bad luck and not the way ferrets
really are as a rule.  I am very sad and discouraged right now.

-Tasha

 "The development of our cerebral cortex has been the greatest achievement
 of the evolutionary processes.  Big deal."  -- Fox Mulder, FBI

 Visit my babies at http://www.geocities.com/ferrets_r_fun!