From:
polecatsister <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 17:57:37 -0700
I have been asked several times lately about the next card exchange.  I am
going to go ahead and announce this one a little early as it may take more
preparation time for some of us.

The next card exchange will be for Memorial Day.  While this holiday is a
time set aside for us to honor and remember those who have given up their
lives in service to our great nation, I feel this is a difficult holiday
to try to celebrate by holding a card exchange.  As I am sure most of us
do, I know people who have sacrificed their lives so I may enjoy the
freedoms I have.  I simply cannot send out cards wishing people a Happy
Memorial Day.  I don't believe I am alone in my feelings.

So after some careful consideration, I have decided to go ahead and have
the card exchange, but it won't be a Memorial Day Exchange-at least not in
the traditional sense of the holiday.  It will be an exchange that gives
us a chance to remember the ferrets we have loved and lost-those precious
babies who graced our lives for such a short time before passing on to a
better place.

If you would like to join in this card exchange, what you will need to do
is to write about a special ferret in your life that is no longer with
you.  The FML has always been a place where we can share our sorrow.  We,
unfortunately, read almost daily of someone's loss.  Being able to share
our sorrow with people who understand helps us to heal.

The actual exchange will not take place until the end of May, so this is
only the first call.  If you have a ferret whose life you would like to
celebrate and share with others, please let me know and I will add you to
the list!

As always, we will be collecting a dollar for SOS.  Donations are not
required to join in the exchange, but your dollars are always welcome.

Judy Cooke
Tyson, Hope and Einstein
Precious Lily, Chaucer and Boomer!