From:
"Alice D. Barrett" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 21:05:54 -0800
Ferret Boy wrote <I asked the pet store manager how old they were, and he
told me Marshall was now shipping them out at *4* weeks!  >

My neighborhood pet store received 2 of these little MF 4-week-olds last
week, supposedly not directly from Marshall Farms, but from a
distributor so they would not have to buy too many.  One of the 2 is
still unsold with a slightly prolapsed rectum (1/8 inch) which I think
the proprietors are trying to ignore.  This tiny baby gently puts its
teeth around fingers and the proprietors promptly thump it on the nose
to teach it not to bite!  I explained this method is a mistake but I
think they're trying to ignore me too.

Speaking of ignoring people, only one breeder on this list responded to my
concern about breeding practices that produce deaf ferrets.  Thank you,
Flemming Farms, for sharing my concern.  I appreciate your careful breeding
and selling practices with regard to deafness and hope other breeders are
like you in trying to provide what's best for ferrets.

Alice