From:
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 13:46:04 -0500
I made mommy cry today.  She cried real hard and embarrassed me at the
vet's.  She didn't cry because she was sad, but overwhelmed with joy.

I went in for my surgery this morning.  Mommy waited for me.  When I was
done, Dr. Taylor (university of Guelph) asked mom to come into the back
room and watch the video of my surgery.  He showed her the hole I had in
the wall between my nose and my eye.  He showed her my tonsils and the
little flap where I breathe from.  He showed her my throat and my mouth
and told her I was ok.

Startled, mommy began to cry and she actually *asked* the vet if *he* was
sure!  Dr. T. laughed and told mom that yes, we've been battling my
infection for over 2 years now, but he didn't need to see me ever again!
I'M CURED!!!!!!!

The hole where we were going to do a fat graph has healed and the surgeon
doesn't think fixing the hole is necessary at this time.  I look great and
I'm feeling wonderful!!!!!

I want to thank all of you for being there for mom and I over the past 2
years and for all your gifts, letters and e-mails of support and love.  I
couldn't have made it without feeling your love all around me.  I have to
admit, I'm going to miss my bi weekly visits to Guelph and flirting with
the Scottish receptionist Mary.  She gave me a hug and kiss on my way out
this afternoon and told me to keep fighting.  She made me <blush>.

Love, Harley "Bug"

The Ferret Aid Society "For the love of our Fuzzy Friends"
http://www.ferretaid.org

http://www.igive.com/html/ssi.cfm?cid=1383&mid=43897
Use your mouse to raise funds for the shelter at no cost to
you! Click here!!