From:
sherrie wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 2004 21:32:56 -0600
Hi,
Dweezil's sad mom here. :(

I actually have a question for a dear friend of mine who doesn't have
reliable 'net access.  Her 5-1/2 y.o. Marshall's girl has been diagnosed
with insulinoma, and according to the vet (and the ultrasound) the tumor
is on the 'outside', which is unusual.  The vet thinks she would be a
good candidate for surgery due to the location of the tumor, her age,
and her current state of health (very energetic, active, eating, not
acting 'sick' at all).

My friend is apprehensive about surgery for a number of reasons...
namely, the risks of surgery, whether or not the growth(s) will return
shortly after surgery, or whether it would be better to try and treat it
with meds until it got to a more crucial point.  Her vet is getting other
opinions as well, and my friend asked if I could see if anyone here on
the board had a similar occurrence or had any useful info to offer.  Even
a good link to an FHL/FML archive would help me help her (I seem to have
problems narrowing down info into manageable chunks in the archives).

On my end, I'm still trying to cope with the loss of Dweezil.  For now,
I keep looking at the clock, panicking, thinking I'd forgotten her
feeding-time, (which had dominated my life for the past 5 months) only to
remember she's gone.  :( I keep trying to remind myself she's in a better
place and not suffering, but it's still hard.  I miss her sweet trusting
face.

I want to thank everyone again for all their wonderful kind words and
postcards; you've all helped so much with my grief.  I don't believe I've
missed personally thanking anyone, but I do just want to let everyone on
the FML know what a wonderful group of caring people we have here. :)

Sherrie (aka daoine o', the ferret queen)
Missing Dweezil 8/26/96~9/6/04
Razzle, Monty-boo, and Jezebel