From:
Chris Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 1997 23:20:10 +0000
Hi All!  I finally found Sherman a playmate!  I think it was more a rescue
than what I had imagined.  Ad in the paper said free ferret.  ACK!  I call,
the guy doesn't even know if it's male or female.  About 1 yr old he says.

So, at 6:30am I drive 30 minutes to go look at the little fuzzy.  (I can't
stand the thought of one going to a bad home, and just had to see this one).
Anyway, he said "it" was healthy and had it's shots(doubtful).

The poor little thing was in a big cage(the only thing nice), had no
food(and no bag of food in sight), no hammock, etc.  It was a tiny little
girl..silver I believe.  Skinny and hungry.  The guy never said much except
"The boy(his son I'm assuming) calls him ED.

Needless to say I cuddled her and she was very sweet and tame.  Didn't nip a
bit....I said Thanks, took her and scrammed out the door.  Sounds horrible I
know, but I'm a sucker for any kind of baby in need.  She and Sherman hit it
off wonderfully.  They are now curled up together on the floor of the
cage(she didn't want to go in Sherman's big hammock).  I guess he didn't
want her to sleep alone so he's curled up on the floor (with a blanky) with
her... Off to the vet tomorrow to see what she might need and have her
checked over.

Sorry this was so long, but I just had to share!
Chris
Sherman(I'VE GOT A FRIEND!)
No name(When are you going to give me a new name...I never did like ED!)