From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2006 06:45:16 -0400
John wrote
>"Another" PETSMART has started to sell kits.  "Dr. XXX from
>Petsmart(remember him?), WHERE ARE YOU??

Dr. Mike has left Petsmart and moved to California.  When his
replacement, Dr. Nick, was informed about Brenda's concerns, they
contacted her to see if they can work out her doing adoptions from
one of their 10 stores in the Las Vegas area.  They may still sell
kits in 1 or 2 stores, depending on the supply of adooptables.

Note is is almost immaterial to them if they sell kits or someone does
adoptions.  They just want the new ferret owner to come to their store
so they will buy a cage, bedding, food, treats, toys, grooming items,
ferret books and magazines, etc.  They can make FAR more money off of
that than the ferret itself!

Petsmart is now selling kits in about 50 of their 900 stores.  They
continue to get them from their own private breeders, and not neuter
until about 8 weeks old, rather than 5 or 6 weeks like some breeders.

I also spoke to Dr. Nick about ferret treats.  He said all the sugary
yogurt treats, and most of the ones that contain fruits and veggies have
been removed.  I've not been in a Petsmart in a while to verify that,
but they have removed most of the dangerous stuff from their web site.

Linda Iroff
International Ferret Congress
http://www.ferretcongress.org